Monday, January 16, 2006

Kimono - Eye Candy

Yeah I know I am lazy like a bone regarding the frequency of new posts. It’s not that I just hang around at home and do nothing. There's much party to be done.. hehe

Anyway, for my loyal fans who would follow me till death without turning any hair, here a small cultural tidbit: On the 2nd Monday in January a national holiday called “Coming of Age day” is held. “In Japan, children are considered adults on their 20th birthday. From that day on they are invested with all the rights of citizenship. Special ceremonies are held and all 20 year old people dress up with their finest clothes. It is custom that 20 year old women dress up with a long-sleeved Kimono on this ceremony day.” (www.jnto.go.jp/eng/RTG/PTG/pdf/pg-805.pdf)
Well, I had no idea about that, so I was absolutely surprised about the amount of really good looking girls in this great dress walking around just anywhere. I friend of mine sent me some picture of her and her girlfriends. Here some picture that you get an idea how traditional kimonos look like.































0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home